Make this nutritious granola part of a delicious, energizing breakfast. Almonds are rich in essential fatty acids, and oatmeal contains minerals and fiber that helps the body eliminate cholesterol.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds (with skins)
- ¾ cup dried coconut
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ TBSP cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Nutrioli®
- ¼ cup muscovado sugar (molasses sugar)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300 °F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix Nutrioli® with sugar and honey in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and begins to bubble. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and stir well so all ingredients are evenly coated. Arrange on papered baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, removing from oven and stirring every 10 minutes. When done, oats should be golden-brown with a flavorful aroma.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Add blueberries, mix well and store in jars. Make sure lids are securely tightened. Granola can last for up to 3 weeks if stored in a cool, dry place.