This stew is not only delicious, but is also a complete meal. Beef supplies a healthy amount of protein, iron and B vitamins, which are excellent at promoting coagulation
- 1 lb. boneless beef shank, cubed with fat trimmed
- 2 TBSP Nutrioli®
- 7 oz. bacon (diced)
- ½ of an onion (finely diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut in cubes)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 1 cup red wine
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 potatoes (cut in cubes)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 2 bay leaves
- Fry bacon in a pan. When crisp, remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Heat Nutrioli® in the same pan and sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic for 5 minutes. Add beef and let brown for a few minutes. Add red wine and balsamic vinegar. Let wine reduce by half and then add beef stock and bay leaves. Let simmer for 50 minutes. Once meat is tender, add potatoes and carrots.
- Simmer for another 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from oven and serve right away.