Chicken breast is ideal for kids. It’s tender and low in saturated fat. It contains minerals, like iron, calcium and phosphorus, as well as B complex vitamins. It’s also an excellent source of protein, which promotes growth.
- 1 cup whole-grain breadcrumbs or panko
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 TBSP parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup pureed spinach or broccoli
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 3 TBSP Nutrioli®
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, flaxseed, paprika and parmesan cheese. In a separate bowl, mix vegetable puree with egg whites and beat well.
- Season chicken breast nuggets with salt and pepper. Dredge in egg mixture, shake off excess and bread with dry ingredients. Coat a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add Nutrioli® oil and arrange chicken nuggets in a single layer. Bake until browned on one side. Turn and continue baking until other side is browned.