Walnuts are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which reduce levels of “bad” cholesterol in the blood, preventing cardiovascular conditions. They’re also high in vitamin B6, vitamin E and minerals, including magnesium, phosphorus and potassium.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup Nutrioli®
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 slices pineapple in light syrup (diced)
- ½ cup syrup from pineapple
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- Grease a rectangular cake pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together flour, eggs, Nutrioli®, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, pineapple syrup and vanilla. When mixed, add diced pineapple and continue beating.
- Pour mixture into cake pan, sprinkle with walnuts and coconut and bake at 350 °F for 35–45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Boil butter, evaporated milk and ½ cup sugar in a saucepan for several minutes. When cake comes out of the oven, spoon mixture over cake little by little, so mixture is absorbed.