Apple provides vitamins C and E as well as minerals such as potassium and iron. It also contains pectin, which is an absorbent fiber that cleans the gut.
- 8 apples, peeled and cut into cubes.
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries.
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- The juice of 1 lime.
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- 350 g (12.3 oz) of puff pastry.
- Flour as necessary.
- 2 egg yolks.
- 2 teaspoons of Nutrioli® oil.
- A dash of vinegar.
- 1 cup of sugar with cinnamon to taste.
- Mix the apples, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, lime juice, and cornstarch. Make sure everything is well incorporated because you’ll use this mix to fill the empanadas.
- Place the puff pastry on a floured table and stretch it out with the help of a rolling pin (don’t unfold it). Use a round cutter to get 15 cm- (5.90 inch-) disks.
- Distribute the filling between the disks. Before folding to close, use cold water to seal the edges; close and crimp the edges with a fork. Use a brush to glaze the empanadas with a mix consisting of the egg yolks, a teaspoon of the Nutrioli® oil, and a dash of vinegar.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F) until golden in a baking dish greased with Nutrioli® oil. While still warm, dust with the sugar-and-cinnamon mix.