Carrots are an abundant source of beta-carotene, which our body transforms into vitamin A, helping the retina to function correctly and in particular aiding night vision. Moreover, high levels of beta-carotene last through cooking.
- 1/4 cup of Nutrioli® oil.
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped onion.
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic.
- 400 g (14 oz) of cooked carrot.
- 1 liter (1 quart) of chicken stock.
- 250 ml (1 cup) of whole cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend the carrots with 250 ml (1.06 cups) of chicken stock and set aside.
- Fry the garlic and onion in Nutrioli® oil.
- Add the blended carrot, the rest of the stock, and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, setting aside a little for garnishing later; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with the rest of the cream and the basil.