Although onions contain vitamins and minerals, their most important role is to help eliminate waste products from the body. It’s said that onions help to protect the heart and are an antibiotic and antiasthmatic.
- 1 loaf of baguette bread.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 90 g (3.2 oz) of butter.
- 3 onions.
- 3 tablespoons of Nutrioli® oil.
- 1 large garlic clove.
- 25 ml (1.7 tablespoons) of brandy.
- 2 cans of beef stock.
- 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Beef bullion cubes to taste.
- 150 g (5.29 oz) of manchego cheese.
- Cut the bread width-wise in 3 to 5 mm- (0.12 to 0.20 inch-) thick slices. Season with salt and pepper and glaze with butter. Spread them over a baking dish greased with butter and bake at 180°C (356°F) for 7 to 10 minutes.
- For the soup, slice the onions and sauté in Nutrioli® oil with a bit of garlic; flambé with brandy, add the canned beef stock, and let boil for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, beef bullion, and parsley. Serve in a bowl topped with bread and melted cheese.