Enjoy this delicious sandwich. Did you know that bell peppers are rich in antioxidants—especially vitamins A and C—and that they contain flavonoids, which act as anti-inflammatories and protect the circulatory system?
- 5 cups flour
- 2½ tsp yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1¾–2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 TBSP Nutrioli®
- ½ tsp additional Nutrioli®
- 2 cups thick ham (cubed)
- 4 canned bell peppers (drained)
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- Combine yeast and salt in a bowl. Add flour. Gradually pour in water and 2 tablespoons of Nutrioli®, beating constantly until dough is of an even, smooth consistency.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out on a floured surface and then place one of the halves on a rectangular baking sheet. Top with ham, peppers and cream cheese cut in thin slices. Cover with the other half of the dough.
- Place dough in a plastic bag and let rise for an hour until it doubles in size. Remove from bag, baste with remaining Nutrioli® and sprinkle with Italian herbs. Bake at 400 °F for 25 minutes.