Cauliflower is rich in minerals and vitamins B, C and K, but low in calories with a high content of water and fiber. It also contains an antioxidant that protects the immune system.
- 2 cups whole-grain pasta (macaroni, fusilli, penne, etc.)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 TBSP Nutrioli®
- 1 TBSP flour
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1½ cups light cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup cauliflower puree
- ¼ cup light cream cheese
- Salt, pepper and paprika
- Cook pasta according to directions on package and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, coat a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, add Nutrioli® oil and warm over medium heat. Add flour and cook until forming a golden-brown paste. Add milk little by little, stirring constantly. Once mixture thickens, add cauliflower puree, cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add cooked pasta, season to taste, stir well and serve.