Peppers are rich in antioxidants, especially vitamins A and C. They also contain flavonoids, which act as anti-inflammatories and protect the circulatory system.
- 1/2 cup of green pepper, chopped.
- 1/2 cup of red pepper, chopped.
- 1/2 cup of yellow pepper, chopped.
- 1/2 cup of orange pepper, chopped.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 1/4 kilo (9 oz) of sliced mushrooms.
- 4 tablespoons of Nutrioli® oil.
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives.
- 1 cup of rice.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 chicken bullion cube.
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Salt and black pepper.
- Cook the rice with water and chicken bullion on medium heat.
- Heat the Nutrioli® oil in a pan; sauté the onion and peppers; season with garlic, salt, and black pepper; add the mushrooms and continue to cook, making sure that they don’t turn black and stay firm. Lastly, add the olives.
- Empty the vegetables over the cooked rice and mix with a fork. Serve the rice hot.