Red snapper contains highly digestible protein, is low in cholesterol and is an excellent source of minerals like calcium and iron, as well as vitamins A, B and C. We recommend eating fish 2 or 3 times a week.
- 8 medium slices of red snapper fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Nutrioli®
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- ½ cup parsley (chopped)
- 6 long chilies
- 12 olives, pitted and cut in half
- Rinse and drain fish. Dry with paper towels and arrange on a plate. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Warm a tablespoon of Nutrioli® in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Chop tomatoes roughly in blender. If necessary, add ½ cup water. Pour over sautéed onion. Add bay leaf, oregano and salt. Let sauce simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Dredge fish in flour and shake off excess. Heat Nutrioli® in a deep skillet and fry fish in batches for 3 minutes on each side or until golden-brown. Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve with tomato sauce, accompanied by chilies.
Can be served with white rice.