Barley is a grain that’s rich in B complex vitamins, as well as minerals like zinc, which aids in cell growth and promotes cardiovascular health.
- ¾ cup pearl barley
- 2 TBSP Nutrioli®
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, cut in half-moons
- ¼ head of red cabbage (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 cups of water in a pot with a pinch of salt. Add barley and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer. Once barley is tender, remove from heat and drain.
- Heat Nutrioli® in a heavy skillet. Sauté onion and garlic for two minutes. Add celery and bell pepper and sauté until celery is translucent. Add tomato and cook until color darkens. Add remaining vegetables, tomato juice and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper and let boil until vegetables are al dente. Serve immediately.