Apple provides vitamins C and E as well as minerals such as potassium and iron. It also contains pectin, which is an absorbent fiber that cleans the intestine.
- Nutrioli® butter aerosol.
- 500 g (1.1 lbs) of puff pastry.
- 2 or 3 yellow or green apples, cored and cut into slices.
- 2 or 3 red apples, cored and cut into slices.
- 180 g (6.3 oz) of cream cheese.
- 1 egg.
- 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 1/4 cup of raisins or chopped pecans.
- 1/4 cup of muscovado sugar.
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Stretch the puff pastry out onto a floured surface and form an approximately 30 x 30 cm (11.8 x 11.8 inch) square.
- Spray a baking dish with Nutrioli® butter aerosol and place the puff pastry on top. Set aside.
- Mix the cheese with the egg, corn starch, and sugar until well incorporated.
- Cover the puff pastry with alternate layers of the above mix and apple slices.
- Combine the muscovado sugar with raisins or pecans and cinnamon. Dust the apples and spray with the Nutrioli® butter aerosol again.
- Bake at 175°C (347°F) for 35 to 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the apples cooked.