Apples provide vitamins C and E, and minerals like potassium and iron. They also contain pectin, an absorbent fiber that helps cleanse the intestinal tract.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup cream
- 1 cup Nutrioli®
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon, cloves and ginger
- 1½ cups diced apple
- ⅓ cup muscovado sugar (molasses sugar)
- 1 TBSP flour
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBSP butter
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- 3 oz. butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat ingredients together in a mixing bowl and pour into two round cake pans that have been greased and floured. Bake at 350 °F for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring apples, flour, cinnamon, butter and sugar to a boil over medium heat and let simmer until sauce thickens. Let cool.
- Remove cakes from cake pans, place on cake plate, spreading filling between the layers, and then ice.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together in mixing bowl until well-incorporated. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until achieving a spreadable consistency. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.