Shrimp is rich in essential omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and is an excellent source of calcium and phosphorus.
- 8 jumbo shrimp (peeled, with tail on)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 TBSP Nutrioli®
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP chicken bouillon powder
- 1 serrano chili
- 2 spring onions (diced, including green portion)
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- 8 strips of turkey bacon
- Butterfly and devein shrimp. Rinse well and dry with paper towel.
- Combine thyme, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of Nutrioli®, salt and pepper in a container. Add shrimp and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Puree serrano chili, onion, garlic, remaining two tablespoons of Nutrioli®, sea salt and cilantro together in blender
- Preheat grill on high. Spread cilantro sauce inside shrimp, wrap in bacon and secure with toothpick. Grill shrimp for 3 minutes, turn and grill an additional 2 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp is cooked through.