Blueberries are full of antioxidants and vitamin C, which protects the immune system and helps the body absorb iron. Enjoy them in this delicious dessert!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup Nutrioli®
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- 1 cup roughly chopped blueberries
- ½ cup roughly chopped raisins
- 6 oz. light cream cheese
- 3 oz. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in a mixing bowl. Once smooth, add pinch of salt, vanilla and sifted powdered sugar a little at a time. Continue beating until frosting has an even consistency without lumps.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour two round cake pans. In a bowl, combine flour, eggs, milk, Nutrioli®, sour cream and orange zest. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes or until ingredients are incorporated. Stir in raisins and blueberries.
- Divide mixture between two cake pans and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, place one layer on cake plate, spread with icing and place second layer on top. Ice sides first and then top. Decorate with a ribbon and serve.