Cactus is rich in dietary fiber, which helps control blood sugar and reduce cholesterol levels.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 large cactus pads, cooked and halved
- 7 oz. manchego cheese, cut in thin slices
- 2 TBSP Nutrioli®
- 3 poblano peppers, grilled, deveined and peeled
- 4 TBSP cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tsp Nutrioli®
- Cook cactus in salted water until tender. Warm tortillas on a hotplate.
- Place a half piece of cactus on a plate. Top with a tortilla, spread on refried beans and finish with cheese.
- Roll ingredients in such a way as to resemble a sushi roll, taking care not to tear the layers. Secure with a toothpick. Heat Nutrioli® in a skillet and fry rolls until cheese melts. Cut rolls into slices.
- Puree all ingredients except oil in a blender. Heat Nutrioli® in a pan and add sauce. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens and changes color. Adjust seasoning and spoon over rolls.