Chicken breast is rich in protein and is the part that contains the least saturated fat. It provides minerals, like iron, calcium and phosphorus, as well as vitamins from the B complex, including B3, B6 and folic acid.
- 5 pieces of skinless chicken
- 1 TBSP Nutrioli®
- Salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 1½ cups green beans cut in thirds
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (soaked the previous day)
- Water, as needed
- 3 dried chipotle chilies
- 1 sprig wormseed (a/k/a Mexican tea)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup panela cheese (cubed)
- 2 tortillas julienned, fried in 2 TBSP Nutrioli® and drained
- Salt and pepper chicken pieces. Heat Nutrioli® in a pot and sauté chicken along with chipotle chilies and garlic. Once golden-brown, add enough water to fully cover chicken. Add carrots and garbanzo beans. Cook over medium heat, periodically skimming off any foam. Season soup with wormseed and salt. Continue simmering until chicken and garbanzo beans are soft.
- Garnish with cheese, sliced avocado and tortilla strips. Serve hot.