Carrots are an abundant source of beta-carotene, which our body transforms into vitamin A, helping the retina to function correctly and in particular aiding night vision. Moreover, high levels of beta-carotene last through cooking.
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- 4 eggs.
- 3/4 cup of Nutrioli® oil.
- 2 cups of flour.
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon of food-grade baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- 2 cups of peeled and grated carrots.
- 1 cup of raisins.
- Beat the sugar together with the eggs and Nutrioli® oil until frothy and the color has changed.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and add it to the mix.
- Incorporate the carrots, pecans, and raisins, mixing well.
- Pour into a greased pan and place into an oven preheated to 180°C (356°F), cooking for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.