Chicken breast is ideal for kids. It’s tender and it contains minerals, like iron, calcium and phosphorus, as well as B complex vitamins. It’s also an excellent source of protein, which promotes growth.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Nutrioli®
- 1 chicken breast (shredded)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans (drained)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in very thin strips
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup queso fresco
- Squeeze tortillas between two tartlet pans so that edges fold up to create baskets. You can use either round or rectangular pans. Do this enough time in advance to allow tortillas to harden so they won’t lose their shape when frying.
- Heat Nutrioli® in a deep pan and fry tortillas until crisp. Remove from frying pan and drain on paper towels.
- Fill each basket with beans, shredded chicken and lettuce.
- Peel carrots and use a potato peeler to cut thin, wide strips. Insert a toothpick through strips and place one in each basket. Serve with sour cream and cheese.