Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and potassium. They also contain lycopene, which has strong antioxidant and anticancer properties.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 TBSP Nutrioli®
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tomatoes (roasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine potatoes, onion and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat Nutrioli® in a skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and fry until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet and place in an oven-safe dish. Add chicken stock and potatoes. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. When done, remove lid and add onion and tomatoes. Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Return to oven uncovered and bake for another 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Before serving, mash a couple of roasted tomatoes in the baking dish to enrich the sauce. Serve hot.