Vegetables are an essential part of a child’s diet. They supply fiber, vitamins and minerals to promote growth.
- 16 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut in thin strips)
- 2 tsp Nutrioli®
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 stalks of celery (sliced)
- 1 tomato, cut in cubes
- 4 TBSP barbecue sauce
- 8 leaves of butter lettuce
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Heat Nutrioli® in a skillet and fry chicken until browned and cooked through. When done, baste with barbecue sauce and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut crusts off of bread. Join together two slices by overlapping one edge. Use a rolling pin to flatten them, creating one long, thin slice.
- Fill each wrap with a portion of chicken, lettuce, celery, tomato and carrots. Roll and secure with kitchen twine. Serve immediately.