In addition to being delightful to the palate, shrimp also contain omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids and are a good source of calcium and phosphorous.
- 1 tablespoon of Nutrioli® oil.
- 15 g (1 oz) of white onion.
- 2 g (approx. 1 teaspoon) of garlic.
- 2 g (approx. 1 teaspoon) of scallion.
- 200 g (7 oz) of cocktail shrimp.
- 20 g (approx. 1 oz) of green olives with pimento.
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of white wine.
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of chipotle chili peppers in adobo.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 200 g (7 oz) of phyllo dough.
- 20 g (approx. 1 oz) of margarine.
- 120 g (4 oz) of eggs.
- 10 g (0.35 oz) of black sesame seeds.
For the filling:
- Wash and disinfect the ingredients.
- Heat the Nutrioli® oil in a pan and sauté the finely chopped onion, garlic, and scallions for two minutes.
- Add the chopped shrimp and cook for two minutes. Incorporate the diced olives and continue cooking for two more minutes. Deglaze with the wine, season to taste with salt, pepper, and chipotle chili peppers, and let cool.
To make the rolls:
- Cut the phyllo dough in 13 x 10 cm (5.19 x 3.94 inch) sections and grease with margarine. Add the filling and roll up.
- Beat the egg and glaze the rolls, decorating with sesame seeds. Bake at 220°C (428°F) for 8 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce.
The phyllo dough can be substituted for slices of white bread, the recipe modified as such: Cut off the edges of each slice of bread and flatten with a roller so that they are very thin. Place the filling in the center and roll up firmly in order to make a taquito. Glaze with melted butter and bake at 180°C (356°F) for some minutes until golden.