Poblano peppers are rich in vitamins C and A. They also contain antioxidants and so help in preventing cancer.
- 2 tablespoons of Nutrioli® oil.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 20 g (0.7 oz) of flour.
- 2 cups of chicken stock.
- 5 g (approx. 2 tablespoons) of epazote leaves.
- 5 grilled, pealed, and chopped poblano peppers (setting 1 pepper aside).
- 1 cup of milk.
- 300 g (10.6 oz) of Mexican crema ácida (or sour cream to substitute).
- 2 cobs of corn, kernels off the cob.
- Place the Nutrioli® oil, butter, and flour into a pot and cook for 3 minutes. Next, add the chicken stock, epazote leaves, and chopped poblano pepper; let boil.
- Once ready, let the mix cool and blend with the milk. Return to heat and let boil again.
- Place the cream in a bowl and add a ladleful of the above preparation. Mix well with the help of a fork or whisk.
- Mix both preparations; add the corn kernels and the last poblano pepper (cut into cubes). Let boil lightly and serve.
Once you’ve grilled the peppers, place them in a plastic bag and wrap in a cloth: This will make it easier to peel them afterwards.