Eggplant contains vitamins B and C, potassium, calcium and iron. It is soothing to the digestive system and also has laxative properties.
- Leaves of lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- ½ of a red onion (sliced)
- ½ cup sliced olives
- 1 eggplant (sliced)
- ½ cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- ½ cup Nutrioli®
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- Slice eggplant and place on a tray. Sprinkle with salt and set aside while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Place leaves of lettuce in a serving dish or salad bowl. Arrange cucumber, shredded carrots, red onions, olives and goat cheese on top. Add garlic and toss.
- Drain eggplant on paper towels. Heat grill and oil with Nutrioli®. Salt and pepper eggplant and grill for one minute on each side. Let cool slightly and place on salad.
- Use remaining Nutrioli® and vinegar as dressing. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.