Fish is very nutritious, with a high percentage of protein and essential omega-3 fatty acids, which primarily promote cardiovascular health. These tacos make an excellent choice for a tasty light supper.
- 5 pasilla peppers, seeded and deveined
- 10 guajillo peppers, seeded and deveined
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ clove garlic (peeled)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cumin
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 lbs. fish fillets
- 4 TBSP Nutrioli®
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut in cubes
- Boil hot peppers in water until tender. Place in blender with some of the water they were cooked in, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and cloves and puree until producing a smooth, thick sauce.
- Pour into a saucepan with one tablespoon of Nutrioli® and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until reaching a boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Salt and pepper fish fillets, spread with sauce and place them one on top of the other in a container. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut in thin slices or cubes.
- Heat remaining Nutrioli® in a non-stick skillet, add diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add marinated fish. A few minutes before removing from heat, add pineapple.
Serve in tacos with lemon, cilantro and picante sauce.