Enjoy this healthful sandwich. Goat cheese is low in fat, and the vegetables will supply you with vitamins and minerals. It makes a great breakfast or lunch.
- ¼ of a whole-wheat baguette
- 7 oz. goat cheese
- 2 TBSP Nutrioli®
- ½ of a red onion, cut in thick slices
- 1 canned bell pepper (drained)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Mix goat cheese with oregano. Slice baguette in half, remove soft parts and spread cheese on each half.
- Heat Nutrioli® in a skillet and sauté onion until translucent. Add bell pepper and mushrooms. Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Let mixture cool a little before spooning over cheese. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.