Mushrooms are high in protein, B vitamins, phosphorus, potassium and iron, and low in carbohydrates and calories.
- 16 crimini mushrooms
- 14 oz. ground turkey or chicken
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup light manchego cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup whole-grain breadcrumbs
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 TBSP Nutrioli®
- ¼ cup roughly chopped almonds
- Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth. Remove and dice stems. Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a bowl, combine turkey, onion, garlic, lemon zest and half the cheese with diced mushroom stems, almonds and spinach, and season with salt and pepper.
- Baste mushrooms with Nutrioli® and fill with mixture. Arrange mushrooms in a baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of filling. Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and turkey is cooked.