Enjoy these muffins that will fill you with energy! Pair them with some fresh fruit for a complete breakfast.
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup white flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP muscovado sugar (molasses sugar)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 TBSP Nutrioli®
- Home-made mixed berry jam
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 6 TBSP low-calorie sweetener (stevia)
- Sift flower with baking powder, salt and muscovado sugar into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and gradually pour in milk, eggs and Nutrioli®. Mix until achieving a smooth consistency.
- Meanwhile, prepare the jam. Wash fruit and place in a heavy saucepan with the liquid remaining after washing. Bring to a boil over medium heat and add sweetener. Simmer until fruit is soft and forms a jam. If desired, add additional sweetener and let cool.
- Pour ¾ of a ladle of batter and one tablespoon of jam in each muffin cup. Bake at 350 °F for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Remove muffins from molds and serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.