Chicken breast is high in protein and low in fat, which makes it a very healthy option for your dishes.
- 3½ boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
- ½ of a medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 ears of corn (cut into thirds)
- 3 carrots (diced)
- 1 cup green beans cut in thirds
- 2 medium potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 sprig wormseed (a/k/a Mexican tea)
- 2 guajillo chilies
- 2 ancho chilies
- 1 TBSP Nutrioli® oil
- Salt and chicken bouillon powder to taste
- 3 squash (cut in pieces)
- 3 cactus apples
- Pour a half-gallon of water into a deep pan. Add corn and cook for 20 minutes. Then add carrots, chicken breast, green beans, potatoes, wormseed and cactus apples.
- Reconstitute chilies in boiling water until tender. After removing seeds and veins, puree and strain.
- Heat Nutrioli® in a skillet and add chili puree. Season with salt and chicken bouillon powder. Once sauce comes to a boil, thickens and changes color, add to pot with stew. Add squash, cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Serve with drops of lemon juice or, for a spicier dish, add crushed red pepper.