Of all fruit, bananas have the most potassium, which helps prevent cramps. They also protect your digestive tract by neutralizing stomach acid.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 TBSP Nutrioli®
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Sift flower with baking powder, pinch of salt and baking soda.
- Crush bananas in a bowl using a fork. Add sugar, vanilla, orange juice and Nutrioli®. Then use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold in flour (without beating) until well-incorporated.
- Fill 6-cup muffin pan to ¾ capacity. Divide almond slices evenly on top and bake for 20 minutes until golden-brown or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Let cool slightly.
Create moustaches on acetate paper using a pastry bag with a very fine tip. Let cool completely until chocolate hardens. Decorate muffins with moustaches.