Mushrooms are very rich in B vitamins and minerals such as potassium, phosphorous, and iron. They also have antidiabetic properties that help regulate levels of blood sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of Nutrioli® oil.
- 2 grilled and seeded tomatoes.
- 1/4 onion.
- 1 garlic clove.
- 2 serrano peppers (optional).
- 1 sprig of epazote.
- 400 g (14 oz) of mushrooms, cleaned and cut into thin slices.
- 1 liter (1 quart) of chicken stock.
- Salt and pepper.
- Blend the tomato, onion, and garlic; strain. Pour the Nutrioli® oil into a pot and let heat. Next, add the blended mix, epazote, and cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the serrano peppers (optional) and mushrooms, incorporating well. Let the soup cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Lastly, add the chicken broth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and serve.