Asparagus is low in calories and contains a healthy amount of fiber, B complex vitamins, provitamin A, and vitamins C and E.
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut in thirds
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 16 oz. long whole-grain pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 3 TBSP Nutrioli®
- Salt and pepper to season
- ¾ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- 3 spring onions, sliced up to green stalk
- Heat plenty of salted water in a large pot and cook asparagus for two minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Cook peas for 3 minutes in the same water and then remove. Set aside. Cook pasta in the same water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, chop herbs in food processor with Nutrioli®. Place in a pan and sauté for two minutes. Add drained pasta, setting aside one cup of the water it was cooked in. Add asparagus and peas, season with salt and pepper and cook everything together for a few minutes. Add a half-cup of the water the pasta was cooked in to prevent mixture from drying out.
- Serve garnished with goat cheese, chopped parsley and spring onions.