Apples are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber, which is very effective at reducing cholesterol and also excellent for the digestive tract, as it helps keep you regular.
- Cut off top ¼ of 6 of the apples, as if it were a lid. Carefully remove meat of the apples. After removing seeds, cut meat in medium-sized cubes. Peel and core remaining two apples and cut in cubes of the same size.
- Roll out puff pastry dough on floured surface. Cut in strips approximately ⅜” wide and 4¾” long and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine Nutrioli®, diced apple, sugar, cinnamon and clove. Cook until sugar melts and apple is lightly cooked.
- Fill hollowed-out apples with the above mixture.
- Cover with puff pastry, forming a lattice.
- Let stand in refrigerator for 20 minutes to prevent dough from shrinking. Baste lattice with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400 °F for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden-brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately.