Besides being a delicious side-dish, potatoes have a soothing effect on the digestive tract
- 1½ TBSP Nutrioli®
- 2 onions (sliced)
- Salt to season
- 1½ cups non-fat chicken stock
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 lbs. potatoes
- 2 TBSP fresh thyme
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup light manchego cheese (shredded)
- 3 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- Heat Nutrioli® in a heavy skillet and sauté onion until lightly browned. Add chicken stock and scrape skillet with a spoon to loosen browned bits.
- Slice potatoes with a mandolin slicer. Grease a baking dish with butter and arrange potatoes in layers. Place onion and cheese between each layer and pour in chicken stock before completing top layer with cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F until potatoes are tender, liquid has evaporated and cheese is golden-brown.