Soybeans are highly nutritious, as they contain high-quality protein, as well as omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, which provide significant benefits for your cardiovascular health.
- 2 cups textured soy protein
- 1 clove garlic (whole)
- ¼ of an onion
- Aromatic herbs to reconstitute soy protein
- 18 oz. green tomatoes
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 canned chipotle chilies (or 1 dry chili)
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 3 TBSP Nutrioli®
- Salt to taste
- Reconstitute soy protein in a pot with water, ¼ onion, whole clove of garlic and aromatic herbs. Simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Dice garlic, onion and tomatoes. Seed and devein chilies to reduce spiciness. Warm Nutrioli® over medium heat and add garlic and onion. Sauté until translucent and then add diced chilies and sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Add tomato, thyme and well-drained soy protein. Season with salt and cook until flavors blend. Continue cooking over low heat until some of the moisture evaporates. Spoon mixture over tostadas immediately before serving.