Cactus tortillas contain B complex vitamins and minerals, including calcium and iron. They also have high fiber content, which can help reduce cholesterol levels.
- 12 cactus tortillas
- 1 cup Nutrioli®
- 2 cups textured soy protein, reconstituted and drained
- ½ of an onion (diced)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 serrano peppers (diced)
- 1 tsp Nutrioli®
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Chopped lettuce
- 1 cup queso fresco (crumbled)
- ½ of an avocado (cut in cubes)
- Heat one teaspoon of Nutrioli® in a skillet and sauté onion until translucent. Add peppers, tomato and soy protein. Season with chicken bouillon powder. Cook until some of the moisture evaporates.
- Fill cactus tortillas with soy mixture. Roll, secure with toothpick and fry in hot Nutrioli® until golden-brown and crisp. Remove from oil, drain and place on paper towels to absorb excess.
- Serve hot with sour cream, cheese, lettuce and avocado on the side.