Poblano peppers have a high vitamin C and vitamin A content. They also provide antioxidants, which are considered to be anticancerous.
- 1 package of spaghetti.
- 8 poblano peppers.
- 400 g (14 oz) of mushrooms.
- 1 medium onion.
- 1/2 liter (1 pint) of light cream.
- 4 garlic cloves.
- 4 tablespoons of Nutrioli® oil.
- Reduced-fat milk to taste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill and clean the poblano peppers, then cut them into strips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Nutrioli® oil in a pan, brown the onion, add the pepper strips, cook for 10 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Process the above mix in a blender along with the cream and a little bit of milk.
- In a different pan, heat 2 tablespoons of Nutrioli® oil and sauté the garlic; add the mushrooms, making sure they don’t lose their juice. Add the poblano pepper sauce and mix.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package; strain. Serve the pasta with the sauce on top.
This pasta goes well with a side of chicken or fish.