Spinach is extremely rich in nutrients. It’s an excellent source of minerals, including calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus, as well as vitamins A, B, C, E and K, all of which support a healthy body.
- 32 squares of filo dough (8″ x 8″)
- 4 large bunches of spinach, washed with stems removed
- 1 TBSP Nutrioli®
- 3 green onions, sliced up to green stalk
- 4½ oz. goat cheese
- 5 oz. light manchego cheese (shredded)
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup Nutrioli® for wash
- ¼ cup green sesame seeds (may substitute regular)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Steam spinach, drain off any liquid and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté green onions until translucent. Remove from oil and combine in a bowl with spinach, goat cheese, manchego cheese and eggs. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Grease muffin pan with a little Nutrioli®. Arrange 4 sheets of dough in each section, one on top of the other, but lying in different directions so corners don’t match up. Divide filling between pastries and close by twisting the corners together, forming purses. Baste with Nutrioli® and bake at 400 °F for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden-brown.
- Remove from oven. Release pastries from muffin pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.