Tuna fish is low in saturated fat and high in omega-3 fatty acids. It contains DHA, which aids in optimal brain function.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 small piece of onion
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pickled jalapeño (including some of the brine)
- 1 TBSP Nutrioli®
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup diced olives
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 2 cans tuna in water (drained and flaked)
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Salt and pepper
- Puree raw tomato, onion, cumin, garlic, pepper, jalapeño and brine in blender.
- Strain and pour into a skillet with Nutrioli® over medium heat. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and add carrots, potatoes, diced olives and more jalapeño, if desired.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Once vegetables are tender, add peas.
- Carefully incorporate tuna and then add orange juice. Adjust salt and let simmer for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend. Can be served over toast or with tortillas.